Leg Up Farmers Market is a full-service, natural foods grocery store that supports the Leg Up Farm Family of nonprofit entities. These include:
- Leg Up Farm, a nonprofit therapy center in York County, Pennsylvania, for children with special needs, and
- Able-Services, which provides day program services for adults with special needs.
As the Leg Up Farm Family continues to expand its services to children, adolescents and adults with special needs, as well as to our community, we are committed to reinforcing the Leg Up Farm mission, culture, standards of service, trust, and quality.
Our mission is simple: Enriching people’s lives with natural food options that promote health and happiness.
And we are guided by three principles:
1) Our team supports your FAMILY — Leg Up Farmers Market provides an immediately accessible opportunity to realize changes in diet and lifestyle resulting in continual improvement in overall health for your FAMILY.
2) Much of our FOOD is grown by local farmers and produced by artisans — Support of local FOOD producers not only creates unique product offerings, but enhances the vitality of the region.
3) We support the COMMUNITY in which we work and live — The COMMUNITY now has a natural foods store that fulfills individual and family shopping needs in an environment of service, knowledge, and abundance.
An organic and natural foods market in our location can impact the community in a variety of positive ways that benefit everyone:
- Sustainable growing methods create a positive impact on our environment.
- Producing healthy food within a community builds pride.
- Local producers (produce, bakery, small industry manufacturers) gain access to new customers through Leg Up Farmers Market.
- Access to better food = better eating = better health.
- Community center for learning and connecting strengthens individuals and communities on multiple levels.
- We are committed to giving back to the community in many ways, notably through financial support of Leg Up Farm, Able-Services, and other human service agencies.