CBD & Hemp
Our Wellness Department is stocked to fit your needs and lifestyle. Come learn about our many goods including a wide variety of CBD products.
Every day from 10am-7pm, our Wellness Team is always ready to talk with you about CBD and Hemp. What questions do you have?
What is it?
Is it for me?
What is it for?
Will it get me high?
What is CBD?
• CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a chemical compound from the cannabis plant. It's a naturally occurring substance that's used in products like oils and edibles to impart a feeling of relaxation and calm. Unlike its cousin THC, it's not psychoactive. (source: https://www.health.com/pain/what-is-cbd)
So will CBD get you high?
• Nope! "CBD is the non-psychoactive portion of the plant, so what that means is you won't have any effects like euphoria, You won't feel sedated or altered in any way." according to Junella Chin, DO, an osteopathic physician and a medical cannabis expert for cannabisMD
Well what brand should I look at?
• It's important to purchase CBD or Hemp Extracts from a reputable brand that is third-party tested. This is because CBD is not directly regulated by the FDA, so independent testing is critical!
With that said, let's hear from Charlotte's Web - One of the most Well-Known and Reputable brands in the business!
Why would I use Charlotte's Web?
Some of the most common uses for Charlotte’s Web are relief from everyday stresses, help in supporting restful sleep, recovery from exercise-induced inflammation, and to bring about a sense of calm and focus.
Why is Charlotte's Web unique?
We live and breathe quality to ensure our products are the best we can possibly make. This is our pledge to you -- our customers and our community -- we will consistently produce high-quality products on which you can rely. From cultivation to final product formulation, our passion for excellence translates into everything we do. It's why we're The World's Most Trusted Hemp Extract™.
Our mission to help others motivates us to produce the best hemp products we possibly can. That's why we oversee production from seed to bottle, beginning with superior raw materials. Our hemp is grown and harvested intentionally to utilize all flowering portions of the plant for our products. We extract only the highest quality material, not discarded scraps of stem parts from other industries.
Forgive the pun, but let's get to the root of the issue: healthy soil grow healthy plants. The soils we grow in are tested and cleared for heavy metals and other contaminants prior to planting.
From there, all of our growing practices are natural and sustainable - as beneficial to the earth and environment as they are for our plants and products. While Charlotte's Web is in the process of achieving official USDA Organic Certification, we already practice organic and sustainable cultivation techniques to enhance the overall health of the soil and our crop, which includes:
- We encourage and support natural predators of common hemp pests (an army of viscous ladybugs).
- Using cover crops and hand-tending our plants
- Never, ever spraying anything toxic, harmful, or chemically regulated by the EPA
What happens after it's grown?
Once we've grown and harvested this bounty, we don't mess with it. You won't find any weird additives or preservatives you can't pronounce in our bottles. All Charlotte's Web products are gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, with no BPA in our containers (or products!).
Our FDA-registered facility follows the FDA's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) protocols. This quality system outlines best practices and procedures companies should use to produce dietary supplements. (Want to check them out? These requirements are detailed in The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 21 Part 111.)
What does GMP mean?
Receiving certification for Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) means our manufacturing process has achieved all requirements needed to produce a high quality, reproducible, safe product. We have stringent standards and testing protocols in place that monitor our product from start to finish.
First, harvested hemp material is tested for biological contaminants. Next, the hemp is extracted, then tested again. Finally, our finished product is tested for phytochemical content, pesticides, heavy metals, residual solvents, and microbial contamination.
We also went the extra step and voluntarily applied for 3rd party GMP certification to underscore our commitment - and received a 98.9% audit score! Now that's excellence!
A lesser known, but equally important quality standard we follow is American Herbal Products Association's (AHPA) contaminant guidelines and specifications for Good Quality.
Ready to Learn More?
Join us at Leg Up Farmers Market to talk with our Wellness Team every day from 10am-7pm. They will be happy to teach you more about CBD, and show you all the options we have!
See you soon!
3100 N George St
York, PA 17406